PREPARING FOR THE CHALLENGE
The 10-Day Christian Meditation Challenge has finally arrived. I hope you are ready. As of today, over 1000 people have signed up. I am also very excited to be offering this course. Before we begin Day #1 (tomorrow), if you have any friends or family members that might benefit from 10-days of meditation, please encourage them to sign up. I have scheduled the remaining challenges to be sent at midnight PST, so the challenge link will be in your email first thing in the morning. Just in case, here is the link that you will use to access each day: https://www.thechristianmeditator.com/christian-meditation-challenge
Please note, that the meditation challenge runs from February 1-15. Each challenge will be available for 5 days before the link expires. Therefore, please be diligent to make time for your practice everyday, but you do have a little wiggle room.
With each daily challenge, you will receive a short devotional that correlates with the topic for the day. Please read the devotional and contemplate some of the questions before starting the guided meditation. The devotional is designed to help you go deeper and open your mind and heart to a better understanding of God and yourself. Awareness must precede change. After the meditation, you are given a few options on how to close your quiet time. Take advantage of these as well.
I hope that after the challenge, you will see the benefits of Christian meditation and continue to incorporate it in your daily schedule.
If you feel comfortable, sometime after the daily meditation, write a comment or question about the meditation on the Holy and Healthy Living Facebook Page under the Christian Meditation Challenge posted for that day. This will make the daily challenge a fun and cooperative effort where we can learn together and benefit from the questions and comments of others. You will see the FB link at the bottom of each challenge page.
Below is a list of quick Christian meditation do’s and don’ts. Read over these every so often to remind yourself of these important tips.
Christian Meditations Do’s
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. If possible, create a sacred area in a part of your home. Adorn it with candles and a few objects of affection.
- If you don’t have one already, consider purchasing a journal or notepad to record any thoughts or inspirations you gain during the challenge.
- During the guided meditation, if your mind begins to wander off in thought, use your breath as a focal point.
- Keep your mind in the present moment even if you are having a wonderful thought or inspiration. It will come back to you after the meditation.
- Set a time and place that you will meditate everyday and try to keep to it.
- For best results sit in an upright chair, hands in lap or to side, feet on floor.
- Breathe in and out through your nose. During the warm-up you can exhale through the mouth if you want.
- Complete all 10 days, plus bonus day.
- If possible, repeat the meditation again in the evening.
- Don’t judge the meditation.
- Reject all thoughts that you aren’t doing it correctly.
- Don’t stop midstream, continue until the meditation ends.
- Don’t give up or let other distractions get in the way of completing the entire challenge. Make a commitment to yourself that you are going to finish no matter what.
- Don’t do the meditation lying down or when very tired, UNLESS you want to fall asleep.
- Don’t get upset or frustrated because of distractions. They are a part of everyday life. Just let them pass through you and bring your attention back to your focal point and the present moment. One of the best benefits of meditation is learning how to NOT get sucked into every distraction, thought, and feeling. Instead you take authority over them by choosing to concentrate on the positive, God’s word, and the present moment.
Have a comment or question about preparing for the meditation? Post it on the Holy and Healthy Living Facebook Page under PREPARING FOR THE CHALLENGE.
You will receive the first guided meditation challenge tomorrow morning. Until then, please get prepared and have a blessed day! Rhonda