Wondering if your life is out of balance and you need a detox? Learn easiest way to determine if it’s time to declutter your life, relationships, & more.
The best way to answer this question is to take an inventory of your present life. When considering whether you need a detox or not, looking at the condition of your home is a good place to start. That is because our outer life and surroundings often mirrors or is a reflection of our inner life and thoughts. We can tell a lot about our mental, emotional, and spiritual health just by looking around our home. So answer these questions?
- Is my home clean?
- Does being in my home make me feel good and at peace?
- Are my closets packed full of misc. items?
- Do I have boxes in my garage and I have no idea what’s in them?
- Is my home free of clutter, appealing and well organized?
You see, I don’t need to know everything about you to know if your life is in need of a detox. The reason is because if one area of our life is out of balance or in disarray, that disorder tends to be a thread in all areas of your life.
Now you might be one of the people who have everything in your life in order, maybe you are even a perfectionist, which generally incorporates similar issues as well. Having too much structure and order can also block out many great opportunities in your life. Perfectionists tend to be more critical of others and suffer from anxiety and negative thinking. So even if you are the persona of cleanliness, you’re not quite off the hook either; however, since so many of us fall into the first category, we’ll go with that analogy for now.
Therefore, if your home is disorganized, filled with clutter, and just puts a drain on your spirit, this is not only an indication an unorderly home, it may also indicate an unorderly and clutter life. And when clutter abounds in any level, it blocks the peace, joy, light, love, harmony, and purpose of God from shining through. The clutter in your mind, body, and spirit actually acts as a barrier that obstructs your blessings from reaching you.
Disorder, clutter, or toxins in your mind blocks peace of mind and steals your joy.
Disorder, clutter, or toxins in your relationships blocks love and harmony and if you’re single, may keep you from attracting the love you desire.
Disorder, clutter, or toxins in your body blocks good health and vitality.
Disorder, clutter, or toxins in your schedule blocks the time to do what you love or what you say is important to you.
Disorder, clutter, or toxins in your vision will keep you from fulfilling your purpose or passion.
Disorder, clutter, or toxins in your spirit blocks intimacy with God and a thriving and growing relationship with Christ.
Disorder, clutter, or toxins in your home drains your spirit, creativity, and overall well being.
Detoxing your life means getting rid of the mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical toxins, clutter, and disorder, whether it means throwing it out, reorganizing it, or recycling it into something useful.
If your life is in balance, meaning you are nurturing the seven core areas of your life, these include your mind, emotions, body, home or physical space, relationships, and your vision, you clear a path to experiencing all that God has for you. You’ll wake up every morning anticipating another day of blessings, peace, joy, and opportunities and you won’t be weight down with old hurts, entanglements, habits, addictions, and attachments that imprison you. You will feel lighter and freer and open to receive.
Often times, we don’t even know these things our weighing us down because 1) we’re too busy to notice, 2) we’re ignorant that we even have a problem, 3) we neglect them by denying they exist or sweeping them under a rug, thinking out of sight, out of mind. Yet whether we deny them or hide them, they still have an unconscious grip over us until we acknowledge them, confront them, and release them.
Many people in order to forget use addictions to masks their pain. Whether it is food, sex, recreation, work, excessive church attendance, or physical fitness, these help us to forget, but, if we want to break free, we must do more than forget, we must be healed.
Detoxing your life means peeling back, examining, removing, and then healing those areas in your life that are causing you to just survive and not thrive or to be alive but not living.
So where do I get started? So once you acknowledge that you have a balancing or detox problem that is represented by the amount of clutter, disorder, or maybe toxins in your life, you are at step one to doing something about it, because awareness must be present before meaning change can take place. I wish I could give you 3 easy steps that would make all your internally clutter go away but it took years to get there, and may take some time to clear it all out. Believe me, you don’t want all of that internal junk to just come pouring out all at once do you. Detoxing your life is a process that you ease into and take one step at a time, but I do have a few suggestions to get you started.
- Pause…start a daily Christian meditation practice to help you find balance and regain control so you can begin to tackle these issues one at a time. Christian meditation is like a doorway to the heart. By cultivating a regular time of stillness, we allow the natural detox process to take place. By becoming observes of our minds and our thoughts, we begin to clearly see what destructive or negative mind patterns may be causing our unhappiness, frustration or despair. An excellent meditation to get your started is my guided meditation CD or download Controlling Negative Thoughts.
- Consider my Help Me God Change My Life Program – This 12 week program that is founded on creating a solid Christian meditation practice contains lessons and guided meditations as well as a toolbox of healing practices that takes you systematically through each areas so that you can take your life back and live with mental, spiritual, and physical abundance.
- Come to one of my Getaway with God Retreats! One of my favorite retreats is the relax, reflect, release, re-access, reset, and reconnect themed retreat where I teach you step by step how to identify those areas holding you back and how to release them and reset your life toward the path that really honors you. Join mailing list to learn when registration opens for my next retreat.
If you enjoyed this article, please leave a comment below.